HomeFrequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? Find your answer in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Ultraviolet Lamps and Reflectors:
- How can I tell if a UV lamp is curing properly?
- What is the average UV lamp life expectancy?
- How long does a typical UV lamp warranty last?
- What is the difference between a standard lamp and Ozone Free?
- Can you dope any ultraviolet lamp?
- Do you keep my UV lamp in inventory?
- What makes your lamps or UV bulbs better?
- What affects UV lamp longevity?
- How do you test UV lamp intensity?
- Can I get UV lamps and reflectors shipped automatically every month/year?
- Do you offer UV lamps and reflectors together in a package?
- Do you offer free UV Lamp samples for evaluation?
- How do I know what kind of UV lamp to use such as: Mercury, Iron, Gallium, or Lead?
- What is the spectral output of a UV lamp?
- What is a UVA bulb?
- What is a UVB bulb?
- Do you manufacture the sockets for my UV lamps?
- What is the difference between UVA and UVB?
- Can I use an iron or gallium additive lamp in place of my mercury lamp?
- Are there multiple UV lamps that can be used in each digital inkjet printer?
- How do I know if I need a special-doped ultraviolet lamp to go with my UV system for the best performance?
- What is the silver colored bead inside the UV lamp?
- Why do the Metalbox lamps only last a few hundred hours?
- Why can't you get consistent curing from a Metalbox UV system?
- How do you know when you need to change a UV reflector out?
- Is the UV reflector quality important?
- Why are the purple UV reflectors so much more money?
- Can you cut and bend UV reflectors to fit our UV systems?
- How often do you need to change UV reflectors? Every time you change a UV lamp?
- What is the life expectancy of a UV reflector - aluminum quartz or dichroic?
- What is the purpose of dichroic coating?
- How will I know your reflectors will fit in my UV System?
- How do I measure a UV reflector?
- Why is a dichroic UV reflector material purple?
- Why are the UViterno Reflectors made out of such thick extruded material?
- What is the average lifespan of a Fusion UV Compatible (Electrodeless) UV Lamp?
- What are the advantages of Fusion UV Compatible (Electrodeless) UV Lamps?
- What is the difference between a UV emitter and UV irradiator?
- Is UV light dangerous to the ozone?
- What is a barrier plate?
- How do I know if I need a hot mirror or cold mirror for my UV lamp?
- Do you manufacture UV Ballasts?
- Can you use any UV Ballast?
- How do I test my UV Ballast to see if it's still good?
- Do you manufacture Capacitors?
UV Curing and Drying:
- Is a UV dryer the same as a UV cure (oven)?
- UV Material shelf life - Do UV curable materials last longer than non UV curable materials?
- What if my UV ink or UV coating is not curing and/or drying? Is it the UV lamp?
- How much time can I save from using a UV System vs. Conventional Drying?
UV Wood and Guitar Finishing:
- What is the difference between UV cured and conventional coatings?
- Do UV coatings have better scratch resistance than non-UV dried materials?
- What are the advantages of using Surface 519 UV Coatings on concrete surfaces?
- Are the UV Coatings harmful to the environment?
- Why isn't my UV coating curing?
- Why are there air bubbles in my UV coating?
Germicidal and UV Sterilization:
- What is the lifespan for CureUV.com germicidal UV-C lamps?
- What is a Shatterproof Lamp?
- What is a UVC bulb?
- Can UV Sterilizers destroy beneficial nitrifying bacteria?
- What are the advantages of UV water sterilization?
- How does the HVAC (UV C light) help clean the indoor air and eliminate dangerous germs that can cause viruses and allergies?
- Do UV Toothbrush Sanitizers work?
- What is the best advantage to using UV C Germicidal Light for Surface Disinfection?
- How important is Air Purification in the household?
UV Nail and Beauty:
- What is the life expectancy of the replacement UV lamps? Do I have to replace them all at the same time?
- What id the difference between UV Topcoat, UV Builder and UV Bonder?
- Why should I buy a UV Nail Gel Dryer with more Watts? Will UV nail/gel topcoats dry faster?
- What is the advantage of purchasing the 54 Watt UV Nail Gel Dryer?
Radiometers and UV Testing:
- Does the UV lamp have to be brand new (unused) before using UV intensity meters and UV intensity strips?
- What is the difference between UV intensity and UV dosing?
LightRite Headlight UV Restoration:
- How are you able to offer a lifetime warranty and what exactly is covered?
- If too much product is applied causing a run, what can be done about this?
- If I'm getting orange peel (rough texture) patterns, what is the solution?
- After I applied LightRite, there was a slight haziness to the product, but it did clear up in a few minutes. Why?
- Should any other prep work be done to the light?
- Are there any temperature issues with LightRite?