Q. Can you recommend a healthy hardwood flooring option for someone with allergies, kids and pets? I love my hardwood floor and am looking for green flooring options. I would rather just have it refinished, but I do not want the lingering smell of chemicals or have it scratch easily. What would you recommend I look for?
Tips for Healthy Wood Flooring
- VOC’s cause headaches, nose and eye irritation, damage to liver, kidney, and central nervous system
- EPA – Steps To Reduce Exposure
- Healthier Homes Inside and Out
- Some wood building materials are better than others
- Some finishing products are better than others – will not change color with age, more scratch / chemical resistant, and ultimately lasts longer
To find a Green Contractor near you, call 800-977-7292