Premier Surface Disinfection & Decontamination Unit - High Output Handheld GermAwayUV Device
Ships same day! (Orders before 5 pm EST)
- EPA Product Registration Number: 94850-DV-6
- EPA Establishment Number for our production facility: 94850-FL
Looks can be deceiving when it comes to the compact size of this powerhouse device, which is the smallest of CureUV’s industrial surface sanitizers. Equipped with a powerful 35 Watt UV-C lamp and emitting a wavelength of 254nm, this unit is both effective and efficient in decontaminating surfaces from harmful viruses, molds, and bacteria. Although primarily designed for business and industrial use, this High Output Handheld GermAway UV device can be utilized in domestic settings as well— adding a device to your disinfectant regiment that will ultimately cut down on the costs of chemical cleaners as well as the irritant risks associated with them.
The High Output difference
While the original model has satisfied many customers, the High Output model of this device is a stronger and more efficient way to meet consumer needs. As of January 2021, this device was rated as having the highest UV-C intensity of any handheld device in the market— ensuring that any malicious viral particles, germs, and pathogens threatening your home or business are gone with a wave of your hand.
- Portable and sized to reach smaller surfaces
- Heavy duty sanitation with a UV-C bulb shown to kill 99.9% of germs within the first second of operation. Effective against a range of harmful viral particles, bacteria, and pathogens.
- Expert mold remediation to prevent spores from growing and spreading.
- 35% more instant UV-C Intensity compared to the original model, ensuring that even the heartiest pathogens are exposed to sanitation.
- 80% more usage intensity over a prolonged period of time, keeping the same intense amount of light on potentially harmful pathogens longer.
- Shatterproof coated bulb with up to 10,000 hours of life to prevent replacement costs and safety hazards.
- Full 2 year warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.
How it works
The High Output Handheld GermAway device offers a quick and easy way of sanitizing surfaces— you plug it in, turn it on, and slowly pass the unit over the surface to be sanitized! With the proper protection protocols in place, this process is an easy way to sanitize multiple types of items. It works on products and equipment that chemicals and liquids can't be used on, and produces no ozone or secondary contaminates like certain cleaners! In addition to the UV-C emitting bulb, this handheld sanitizer is fitted with a highly polished reflector— uniquely designed by CureUV— to enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and output of the UV-C emission by up to 30%. This versatile and convenient design means that it can be used to decontaminate worktop surfaces, walls, and tools in a range of industries.
In order to ensure that the unit is not damaged during shipping, we ship it without the bulb installed. (To see the bulb installation instructions, please click here.)
- Commercial, industrial, office, and residential buildings.
- Food preparation/processing sites to reduce contamination.
- Sanitize surfaces in hospitals, clinics, and vets.
- Day care, schools, assisted living centers, locker rooms and gyms.
- High touch, close proximity areas occupied by vulnerable/ immunocompromised people.
- Equipment disinfection
- Agricultural crops
Why should I buy this device?
This High Output Handheld GermAway device is a great investment if you desire a portable sanitizer that can reach smaller surfaces without sacrificing its intensity or quality. With a molded sturdy handle, and a 6 foot cord for mobility, this device is small enough to be maneuverable. It can easily fit inside harder to reach spaces, like the inside of lockers, ambulances, desk drawers, and cupboards— allowing you flexibility without a sacrifice of sanitation standards. While small, the High Output version only weighs 15% more than the original handheld model, the device is effective against a range of harmful and troublesome viral particles, bacteria, and pathogens. The powerful UV-C emission and reflection is especially effective against mold—treating and killing mold spores quickly.
Consider this device if you are interested in not sacrificing intensity for size— as it is both maneuverable and powerful. The device comes with a shatterproof coated bulb, the coating adding a layer of protection against broken glass which is a particular necessity for those working in food preparation/production, or those with children. In addition to being shatterproof, the bulb itself lasts up to 10,000 hours with a run time of a year— cutting down on operator and maintenance costs. When the time does come to replace the bulb, CureUV has a range of affordable replacement bulbs readily available. The bulb also has a low mercury content and produces no ozone, making it environmentally friendly!
How do I know it is actually working?!
Our customers often ask us how they know that the Premier 35 Watt High Output Handheld UV-C Sanitizer is actually working. It is a reasonable question to ask, considering the disinfection that UV-C provides is happening at a microscopic level. To add credit to our claims, we have started including a set of free UV-C Visualizer Strips along with all GermAwayUV Surface Disinfection products!
Simply put the UV-C Visualizer card on the surface that you wish to disinfect, and run the handheld sanitizer over it. After running the handheld unit over it, the yellow strip on the card should change from a bright yellow to a light green. If there is no color change then you need to either slow down the rate at which you move the handheld sanitizer, or get closer to the substrate. This test is designed to show the effects the UV-C light will have on the strip, which will be the same effect it will have on whatever item you are sanitizing.
With the right direction, we are sure that wherever you are— this unit will allow you to create and foster a clean and safe environment!
Technical Data Sheet (Click Here)
- UV Disinfection Area: See Dosage Calculator Below
- Power Supply: 120VAC/60Hz
- Usage: Industrial, medical, commercial, leisure and domestic.
- Wattage: 35W
- Lamp Length: 8.86" (225mm)
- Lamp Lifespan: Up to 10,000 hours or 1 year
- Peak UV Output: 253.7nm
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Dimensions: 10.75" x 4.11" x 3.32"
UVC Output (measured on EIT UV Power Puck II)
- @1" from face of unit outputs 26.83 mw/cm2
- @5" from face of unit outputs 7.46 mw/cm2
- @10" from face of unit outputs 2.36 mw/cm2
If you would like to see a calculator with specific microbes, please check out our microbial contaminant dosage calculator.
Warning: Ultraviolet UV-C light is harmful to your eyes and skin. Do not look directly at the bulb and always use the included UV Glasses when utilizing this tool.
We recommend that you use our safety glasses just to be sure.
How to Install the Bulb in Your 35 Watt Handheld UV-C Sanitizer:
UV-C Safety Basics:
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.